Comfort, Reliability and Performance
The many benefits of natural gas make it an environmentally responsible energy choice for your home and appliances. Plus, if you use something other than natural gas to fuel your appliances, you can convert to natural gas and take advantage of our money-saving rebates!
- Today's natural gas furnaces feature technology that boosts efficiency to save money and improve comfort.
- Gas water heaters deliver up to twice the hot water in the same amount of time as an electric water heater.
- A natural gas dryer is more efficient. It can dry two loads of towels in the same time it takes an electric dryer to handle one load.
- Patterned after professional models, today’s gas ranges offer even cooking, high-output burners and super-low simmer settings.
- Gas furnaces typically last twice as long as electric heat pumps.
- Gas fireplaces and logs, grills and outdoor lights are attractive and low-maintenance.
- Natural gas is the best choice for pool and space heating and backup power generation.
- Natural gas is more efficient than electricity. More than 90 percent of the energy in natural gas is delivered directly to your home, while less than a third of the energy used to make electricity gets to your home.
- Natural gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel. Burning natural gas produces 44 percent less carbon dioxide emissions than coal and 22 percent less than fuel oil, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Natural gas reduces your carbon footprint. Switching to natural gas appliances can reduce your home’s carbon footprint by as much as 40 percent. Try this handy carbon calculator.
- Choosing natural gas promotes energy independence. There is an abundant domestic supply—more than 100 years at current production rates.